Procedures are the event handlers of a form. Procedures are how you tell Formever what to do when an event occurs. For example, when a new data form is created and opened for editing you could set default values for certain fields.
There are two types of events that occur that trigger procedures:
- form events
- field events
Form events occur when:
- a new data form is created and opened for editing
- an existing data form is opened for editing
- an existing data form is opened for viewing
- a data form is about to be filed
- a data form is being filed
- a transaction data form is being filed
Form events are handled by form procedures.
Field events occur:
- when the contents of a field change (all fields except those mentioned in the following points)
- when the contents of a field become valid (only occur for Form Reference field and Pattern Text field)
- when the contents of a field become invalid (only occur for Form Reference field and Pattern Text field)
- an action field has been clicked on.
Field events are handled by field procedures.
Each of the events above has a procedure to handle the event when it occurs. By default each procedure has a single procedure step (step 1) that does nothing. If you want to perform some activity for an event then you edit procedure step 1 to perform the activity. If additional activities need to be performed then you can add more steps to the procedure. The number of steps is practically unlimited.
A master form has at least one set of procedures (and definitions). These are sometimes referred to as top-level, or form level.
Detail Lines Field
If a master form has one or more detail lines fields, then each detail lines field will have its own set of procedures (and definitions). These are also accessed from the back of the master form.
Master Form Capacities
Front side: maximum of 300 fields
Back side: total maximum of 700 definitions and procedures. Procedure steps are not counted in the total. It’s not quite that simple. But for most systems you won’t run into these limits.
- Field Procedures
- Form Procedures
- Procedure Steps
- Attach A Form Stack To The Form
- Case on conditions
- Create form or detail line
- Display a list of associated forms
- Do nothing
- File this form
- Process a form stack
- Produce a report for this form
- Produce an export for this form
- Prorate A Value Over Detail Lines
- Set properties of a form element on a form
- Set properties of a form or detail line
- Start or stop timer